The History of Paramount Elementary School
- Although the construction date is unknown, the original Paramount Elementary school started as a log schoolhouse which was torn down in the late 1820's.
- The 2nd Paramount School was a one-room stone schoolhouse that opened on Oct. 19, 1830 but was destroyed by a fire in 1853.
- The next building was a one-room brick schoolhouse which was built in 1853 and used until 1914. During this time, sixty students in grades 1-8 were taught in this schoolhouse.
- In 1915, a two-room school was built on the same site with one room holding grades 1-4 and the other holding grades 5-8.
- In 1952, a four-room schoolhouse was opened and then enlarged to include 9 classrooms and 11 teachers in 1960. This building was torn down in 1993 and the students and staff were moved to Eastern Elementary.
- In 1995, the current Paramount Elementary School was built and officially opened in September 1995 for the 1995/96 school year. The current building houses 18 classrooms for grades K-5, an art room, a music room, a media center, a gymnasium, a cafeteria, a project challenge classroom, special education room, a TV production room, a faculty lounge, conference room, guidance office, health room and administrative offices.